Airports nationwide, including Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), are busy during the winter holiday travel season. The U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) expects Thursday, Dec. 22 and he expects Friday, Dec. 30, to be the busiest days of the travel season.
Passengers are advised to arrive early and prepare for their trip. As flights are expected to be near or at capacity, there may be fewer options for rebooking if you miss your flight.
During this busy travel season, FAT’s goal is to make your travel experience convenient and enjoyable. For an easy and carefree trip, FAT offers the following tips to help you on your vacation journey.
- aarrive early At the airport 2 hours before domestic flight departure and 3 hours before international flight departure.
- Check with your airline about flight status before leaving for the airport.Convenient flight status links are available on most flightsairline websiteand mobile apps, or passengers can call the airline for flight status information.
- please confirm with youAirlinesandCenters for Disease Control and Prevention Please visit our website for the latest COVID-19 travel requirements specific to your destination and requirements for international travelers returning to the United States.
- Pack smart. Start with an empty bag. By prepping for travel with an empty bag, passengers are less likely to bring prohibited items through her TSA checkpoint. Confirm prohibited items with ” “what can i bring?” page onTSA.gov.
TSA security screening
- Just in time for the winter travel season, the TSA has increased capacity in security screening lanes to improve passenger experience.
- Family members of travelers or passengers with disabilities and/or passengers with medical conditions TSA care If you have any questions about screening procedures or security check points, please call toll-free 855-787-2227 at least 72 hours before travel. TSA Cares also arranges checkpoint assistance for travelers with specific needs.
- Make sure the gift has been opened and can be inspected. The TSA recommends that you travel with gifts using easy-to-open gift bags or removable lid gift boxes so that the contents can be inspected if necessary. Fully wrapped gifts may need to be opened if deemed necessary by TSA personnel. Instead, consider packing unwrapped gifts in your checked baggage.
- Check your TSA 3-1-1 Liquid rules For carry-on baggage. Travelers can pass through checkpoints with quart-sized bags containing liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in their carry-on baggage. These are limited to travel-sized containers of 3.4 ounces or less per item. Items in containers larger than 3.4 ounces will be placed in checked baggage.
- prepare for the trip with food. The TSA considers this item to be liquid if it can be spilled, sprayed, spread, pumped, or poured. Anything over 3.4 ounces must be placed in your checked baggage.
- The demand for parking lots increases during the busy season of the year-end and New Year holidays. The lot can fill up quickly, so keep another lot in mind in case your first choice is no longer available when you arrive. You can contact Operator SP+ (559.252.0052). For parking options and a printable map, please visit:flyfresno.com/parking/.
Mobile phone standby and land transportation
- A free cell phone waiting area is located near the terminal and is convenient for accommodating friends and family who are waiting to pick up arriving passengers. Look for the blue sign at the parking lot entrance. Drivers must remain in their vehicles.
- Rideshare drop-off and pickup areas, Fresno Area Express (FAX), and V-Line are located in front of the terminal departure curve on the median and are marked with blue signs. For a map of ground transportation locations, please visit: flyfresno.com/parking/
- Taxi services are available across the median baggage claim door.
Holiday entertainment at FAT
- Enjoy our holiday music program returning for the 6th year in a row. Enjoy live music from local pianists and a talented line-up from the Simba School of Music. As part of the airport’s arts and culture programme, these musicians entertain travelers and guests and add festivity throughout the season.
- Take a selfie at Gordo, a holiday-themed selfie station featuring a friendly snowman, a cozy bear and a sparkling holiday tree.
health and safety
- While masks and face coverings are currently optional for travel in the U.S. and some international destinations, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing face masks in indoor areas on public transit and transportation hubs. doing. CDC provides health recommendations.domestic traveland International travelOn that website:CDC.gov.
Winter vacation travel updates
For the latest winter travel updates, like iflyfresno on facebook.com, follow us on Twitter @iflyfresno and Instagram @iFlyFresno, or visit:www.flyfresno.com.
Note:Attached is a photo of a holiday-themed selfie station and pianist.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport and Fresno Chandler Executive Airport are municipally owned entities operating as independent companies.